Tuesday, January 11, 2011

XE Cash Registers vs. Commercial Grade Sharp Cash Register

Many people don't know nor probably never cared to know but Sharp markets two lines of Cash Registers. However I wish more people knew and would take this into mind before buying a Sharp XE piece of junk!

Sharp makes a line of consumer grade Cash Registers that all the model numbers start with the letters XE. The XE line is sold via mass merchandisers like Office Depot, Costco, Staples etc. NOT CASH REGISTER DEALERS. Please keep in mind you get what you pay for. When you pay $125.00 for a Cash Register why would you expect the employees there to know anything about it? They don't care however in most cases they will allow you to return it!

Then Sharp makes a commercial Grade of cash registers and those models numbers start with ER, or UP and these registers are only sold through Cash Register Dealers and will cost more however we dealers can help you with the registers, program the registers and repair them if needed. YES you will pay more for educated professional cash register people and companies!

I don't think Sharp ever had any intention of having people fix a XE cash register. They sell for $100.00 to $300.00 MSRP and even though I can buy parts for them every time I look up a price for a XE owner I ended up getting yelled at for trying to rip them off! SORRY WE RUN A BUSINESS HERE not a charity to fix crap for free. Here is the problem take for example someone wants an insert for their XE cash register and I look up the part and it is $110.00 MY COST sometimes as much as the silly machine cost in the first place. So I mark it up and tell the consumer the cost and they bite my head off! So needless to say I don't even bother to cost out parts for the XE lines any longer!!!!! Please keep in mind I have never sold an XE and we don't sell them!!!!! If you want your XE fixed then call Sharp! However I warn you after hearing form hundreds of angry XE owners your will get no where calling Sharp! But I guess Sharp makes enough to make it worth the while and the hard feeling cause they don't seem to be slowing down at all!

Buy a Commercial Grade Sharp Register not an XE. If you do buy an XE then now you know what you are getting into and if the XE does not last 2 years you have been warned but also you did not pay much to begin with!

Thanks and I hope your till rings alot in 2011

No comments: